Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dear Journal,

I wanted to start off fresh at the beginning of this week, but the Lord placed on my heart the last journal entry I posted so here is how the week started:

Sunday was awesome! Being in the house of the Lord is always good. You get to get fed and nurtured. It was a busy day though to start off. We were up and at 'em bright and early, but still almost ran late. It can be rough trying to get ready while chasing and trying to feed two kids, ironing last minute wardrobe changes and getting everyone dressed and out the door. Thank God when you're out the house and on the road! LOL!!

So while I'm on the way to work Tuesday I prayed to get energized and charged up, but kept getting distracted by my all so wonderfully malfunctioning CD Changer. It would not play any of my worship music and kept blinking "CD CHANGER ERROR" across the screen. So I did what I knew to do in the midst of keeping my peace, I laid hands on the CD changer...lol! Hey, nothing is too big or too small for God! My CD Changer had been doing that for two days and do you know that as soon as I got in my car to leave for lunch, something in the CD Changer shifted and it started working!!!! Praise the Lord! For His mercy endures forever!

I ate at Beef O'Brady's for the first time and shared my lunchtime with an awesome friend and woman of God! It's funny because while I was praying that morning I asked God about a few life changing decisions that are coming to the forefront and He used that friend I ate with to answer every single question. It's amazing how God uses people to get through to you. He is so smooth.

Well, Wednesday was marvelous as well! I did what I needed to prepare the information booth for service and I chatted with a few of my favorite people. I love to be surrounded by those who genuinely love you and don't say what they think you want to hear at the moment. I got a little singing instruction and guidance prior to praise and worship and went up to sing praying that I didn't sing off pitch. How nervous I was! But, I guess I did an alright job because no one seemed to flinch from what I could see.

Today was great. Work was steady and good conversation took place as always. Just finding my place in the midst of it all. Well, the night is still young and I still have one child to help wind down and get ready for bed so Ta Ta for now and I will be back tomorrow for another interesting post about life the way I know it.

Lynleigh

No comments: